    change?

    Ideally by a registry change, although I'm willing to do some scripting
    if needed.

    DevilsPGD, Aug 20, 2005

  2. DevilsPGD

    Pavel A. Guest

    Half a dozen is probably not as many as needed to justify
    deployment of WPA with a central server,
    but have you considered this?
    Maybe copying a registry record for configured AP from one
    machine to other will work, though I haven't tried.
    Under the key
    HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WZCSVC\Parameters\Interfaces\{guid}
    find value named Static#xxxx for your preferred connection and copy
    it to another machine - {guid} will be different there!

    --PA

    Pavel A., Aug 21, 2005

  3. DevilsPGD

    DevilsPGD Guest

    In message <> "Pavel
    No, mostly because of the hassle -- It sounds like something that really
    should be possible to configure remotely, either with a group policy or
    login script, but I couldn't find anything online that would help.

    Currently I have a couple 802.11g APs that we use, plus a backup 802.11b
    AP which runs on a public SSID (without WEP) and has a captive portal
    (think like a hotspot) that gives the new WEP key to authenticated users
    over HTTPS, or allows visitors to enter the temporary password to get
    online (still without WEP)

    It gets the job done, but I like lazyness :)
    With the GUID being different it sounds like more work then is required,
    but I'll consider it if I get annoyed enough with reconfiguring PCs.

    DevilsPGD, Aug 22, 2005
  4. DevilsPGD

    tekmicha Guest

    I am actually facing the same Problem as you,trying to find a way to rotate
    the wep keys and/or WPA-PSK remotely.I was thinking with The GPO but seems
    that windows server 2003 is not able to set policy for WPA-PSK.
    Is there a way to programmatically distribute the new wep key or new WPA-PSK
    to a client software residing in the user laptop(assuming that would be made
    in a secure channel like through a backup AP and Tunelling or secure
    Email)and set the new values of WEP or WPA PSK automatically while being as
    much transparent for the user and possibly without user intervention.
    I heard WMI is able to do that or the API WRAPI in C but dont know if so
    succeeded in doing that or how to do that
    Any help would be appreciated

    tekmicha, Nov 7, 2005