    "Enter Administrator Password" point and into the restore
    console. Nothing I enter is recognized.

    GURU HELP, please!!

    Ike, Apr 24, 2007

  2. Ike

    why? Guest

    Any particular model? A P4/3GHz doesn't really matter if it's a
    passsword / recovery issue, but the model and specific recovery
    instructions may.

    Start with
    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?docname=c00006110&dlc=en&lc=en&cc=uk
    HP and Compaq PCs are configured with a recovery process or recovery
    media that enable you to repair or reinstall the original operating
    system. Depending on the model notebook PC you are using there may be
    recovery CD or DVD included or you may be required to create one on your
    own.
    Use the table below to help identify the proper instructions for your
    specific notebook PC:

    Check the documentation that is included with your notebook PC for
    specific information. Contact HP service and support for technical
    assistance or replacement recovery media.

    That it may then simply be blank.
    A restore disk really cares about the existing password of the current
    installation you are trying to repair?
    Me

    why?, Apr 24, 2007

  3. Ike

    Ike Guest

    Duh! Going to HP and reading the instructions made a difference
    of one keystroke in the Restore procedure.

    Running fine, now.

    Thanks!

    Ike, Apr 24, 2007