    get the 400 FSB version only the 333 FSB version.

    Has anyone any info or comments on using the 333 instead of the 400 (Mainly
    is there likely to be much difference performance wise)

    BIG NIGE, Sep 29, 2004

  2. BIG NIGE

    Paul - xxx Guest

    BIG NIGE vaguely muttered something like ...
    Well .. it'll be slower ... ;)

    Seriously, it's a moot point whether real-life usage of a computer will
    notice the difference too much. If you're doing very intensive stuff, like
    some of the new games, video editing or large number-crunching and processor
    intensive stuff then yes, it'd be noticeable .. though not greatly I think.

    Benchmarks would be different, but practice won't appear to be.

    IMHO

    --
    Paul ...

    (8(|) Homer Rules !!!

    Paul - xxx, Sep 29, 2004

  3. BIG NIGE

    ICee Guest

    The speed of both is virtually the same (2.167, 2.20 GHz). The higher
    FSB version will give you more memory bandwidth, which may be noticeable
    when running games and other programs that are CPU and memory intensive.

    ICee, Sep 29, 2004
  4. BIG NIGE

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Thank you both for your comments (paul & icee).
    I have also been talking to a coulple of friends who think along similar
    lines that yes it will make a difference BUT most of the time it will not be
    noticeable.

    BTW Paul Whoooooo Hoooooooo yes Homer does Rule.

    BIG NIGE, Sep 29, 2004
  5. BIG NIGE

    Paul - xxx Guest

    BIG NIGE vaguely muttered something like ...
    A pleasure ;)
    Ho yuss ...

    --
    Paul ...