    Good day to all.
    I took the XP exam today and scored 678...I'm annoyed. I prepared for the exam using the Exam Cram2, but I don't think it fully prepared me for the exam. Some of the questions I was totally clueless about and I studied that book from back to front...thrice!! Anyway, I'd like some advice as to which exams you (MCP'S) recommend? The exam cram2 exams for $50 (three or four exams) or the Measure Up exams?

    Thanks

    Guest, Jul 23, 2004

  2. Guest

    Jtyc Guest

    book from back to front...thrice!! Anyway, I'd like some advice as to which
    exams you (MCP'S) recommend? The exam cram2 exams for $50 (three or four
    exams) or the Measure Up exams?

    Neither.

    Get a good book, build something, break it, fix it.

    Rinse, repeat.

    Jtyc, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Sample tests alone aren't gonna get you there. They are only good for
    finishing off and polishing. I used Element K & Syngress books, plus the
    wealth of info on the web. I used Measureup for two exams, they were ok,
    I guess.

    JaR

    JaR, Jul 23, 2004
  4. Guest

    nerd32768 Guest

    exam using the Exam Cram2, but I don't think it fully prepared me for the
    exam. Some of the questions I was totally clueless about and I studied that
    book from back to front...thrice!! Anyway, I'd like some advice as to which
    exams you (MCP'S) recommend? The exam cram2 exams for $50 (three or four
    exams) or the Measure Up exams?
    go with sybex books. they fully prepare you, and come with practice tests,
    and are only $50(list price). Plain practice exams wont get you anywhere.
    You need to get hands-on experience. buy a crappy computer off eBay, buy XP,
    and try everything for yourself.

    get sybex books half price at http://www.bookpool.com
    $25 for Microsoft study guides

    Nerd32768
    A+, Network+, MCP

    nerd32768, Jul 23, 2004
  5. Try getting some experience with the product.

    MCSE \(NT4, 2000, 2003\), Jul 23, 2004
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    try eating some noodles, im pritty sure that will help, +
    they taste good as well. Oh back make sure they are not 2
    soggy couse it will ruin thet hole expirence

    Guest, Jul 23, 2004
  7. Guest

    Consultant Guest

    plain noodles? or should he put something on them, say butter, marinara,
    cheddar cheese, a light olive oil and garlic concoction?

    Consultant, Jul 23, 2004
  8. Guest

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    balogna and cat litter.

    Ken Briscoe, Jul 23, 2004
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    well acualy i was thinking of just chicken stock but that
    all sounds good 2

    Guest, Jul 23, 2004
  10. Guest

    William Guest

    My suggestion to your problem is to
    Go to Microsoft Campus or Any Microsoft Offices and ask them for the exam
    kits that you need for your exam or you can even get them to test you and
    see if you're ready for the exams.

    Note. Not all microsoft offices would test you 1 on 1!

    If your local Microsoft dont have the people to test you, get the kits from
    them. It will cost you alot more but its definitely worth while!

    William, Jul 23, 2004
  11. Guest

    JaR Guest

    Drugs are ba...

    Oh the heck with it. That sounds like some seriously good stuff! Will
    you share?

    JaR
    Psychedelic Thug

    JaR, Jul 23, 2004
  12. Guest

    Guest Guest

    You recommend Sybex, but the reviews I've read on Amazon are'nt as positive. I do have XP prof. on my laptop so I try out what I learn. The problem is that some of the questions I saw on the exam, I had to use process of elmination because I the question was that difficult. Some questions I saw had no relation to what I learnt from exam cram.

    Will the sybex book teach me anything that exam ctram hasn't? What about
    MS Press WindowsXP Inside and Out?

    Guest, Jul 24, 2004
  13. Guest

    nerd32768 Guest

    positive. I do have XP prof. on my laptop so I try out what I learn. The
    problem is that some of the questions I saw on the exam, I had to use
    process of elmination because I the question was that difficult. Some
    questions I saw had no relation to what I learnt from exam cram.
    The exam crams don't teach you anything. I have not had a good experience
    with them. Sybex books are very good, and cover all of the topics in great
    detail(except fax). i have passed my last 2 tests using primarily the sybex
    books, and they were very helpful. the MSPress books are pretty useless.
    they tell you everything that you don't need to know, but not anything that
    you do need to know.

    Nerd32768
    A+, Network+, MCPx2

    nerd32768, Jul 24, 2004
  14. Guest

    A. O. Guest

    I passed the xp exam with score above 900
    I used the MeasureUp exams and Sybex Books, there were
    help full to me. I never used crams. books.

    A. O.
    A+, Network+, MCSE2003Security

    A. O., Jul 24, 2004
  15. Guest

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Funny. I passed all of my exams using Exan Cram books. Maybe you should
    *read* tham next time.

    TechGeekPro, Jul 25, 2004