    Norton it seems XP can do it all for you? Obviously I need to maintain
    scurity from outside attacks yet XP warns that printer and file sgharing
    leave you open to external attacks.

    Brownie, Feb 26, 2005

  2. Brownie

    NBT Guest

    http://tinyurl.com/4y2gs
    http://tinyurl.com/5j4z5

    NBT, Feb 26, 2005

  3. Brownie

    Conor Guest

    Firstly, the Belkin Router is already protecting you from attacks.
    Secondly the best thing you can do is to uninstall Norton, vow never to
    let Norton anywhere near your PC ever again and shred the installation
    CD. Stick on Sygate Personal Firewall on each PC and make "Allow
    computer to browse Network Neighborhood and Allow others to share files
    and printers is enabled. After that its simply a case of right clicking
    on the folders/printers you want to share on the desktop and adding a
    new printer - networked printer on the laptop.

    Conor, Feb 27, 2005