xp wireless problems

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by Tim Evans, May 18, 2004.

  1. Tim Evans

    Tim Evans Guest

    hi guys

    i have number of machines on my home wifi. just got a new centrino
    laptop (XP Pro) (Compaq nc6000), and set about using it at my new house.

    Connecting to a D-Link, or Origo Wifi, all seemed well.

    Until my new nextdoor neighbours wifi comes on. Then my Centrino drops
    its connection (on both routers), and failes to connect again, only
    coming back with a restart.

    Its not the routers because by mac's stay ok on both the routers, and
    they don't drop.

    The XP tells me that one or more wireless networks are out there, but
    when I select one of mine, it fails to reconnect.

    Tried lots, but no joy, any ideas.

    Using WEP on both routers.

    Cheers

    Tim