XP Wireless and Computer Policies - Any possible Solution?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networks' started by Kenny782, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Kenny782

    Kenny782 Guest

    I am understandably pretty pi***ed off, I’m sorry if I offend anyone.
    Microsoft knows about this issue has released two massive service packs for
    XP and still no solution. Anyway enough of my complaining.

    I am supposed to deploy 50 desktops to run completely on wireless and these
    computer policies don’t process.

    Does anyone have a true solution, such as an app that is either sold
    separately or is included with a NIC that would work around this problem?
    I would prefer low profile PCI, but if I have to go USB that’s just the way
    it is.
    I would also prefer dual band but 802.11a only will also do.

    Please help before I kill someone.

    Thanks,

    Kenny

    Kenny782, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Kenny782

    Kenny782 Guest

    Sorry now that I've calmed down a little they are recieving the cannot obtain
    domain controller name messages. I am also trying to get software to install
    among other things.

    Kenny782, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Kenny782

    Dave Guest

    put away the gun... what is your problem? from what you have stated below
    you don't like something microsoft does or doesn't do, but you don't say
    what it is. all i can see as a possible problem is that 'these computer
    policies don't process'. what policies? what processing? what kind of a
    network, domain, workgroup?? what os, xp home or pro? and why does the type
    of nic affect the 'processing of policies'?

    Dave, Oct 27, 2005
  4. Kenny782

    Kenny782 Guest

    I'm sorry however after working on this for several days straight.... Anyway
    here you go

    Here someone elses post that explains it a little better:

    Kenny782, Oct 27, 2005
  5. Kenny782

    Kenny782 Guest

    Just for the record, I'm nto one of these Microsoft haters. I actually like
    Microsoft and there products, especially Windows XP. Hell, I manage a
    microsoft network for a living.

    However I recently went through some group policy hell due to some other XP
    bugs on my 2003 domain which I worked with Microsoft after a month long
    support case. So I'm just not in the best of moods with XP, and I know you
    don't want to here baout this I just don't want to give anyone the wrong
    impression.

    Kenny

    Kenny782, Oct 27, 2005