XP wipe-out: I really did it this time (HELP!)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by fun-ding@intro-tech.nohyphens.com, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Guest

    P3, WXP Home
    Nothing unusual running...

    I was trying to find a file that someone said was hidden, so
    opened Documents and Settings, Folder Options, and clicked to
    show hidden files. The system did some evolution, and then the
    following occurred:

    The desktop and task bar became blank, as did Documents,
    Programs, and other items under the Start Menu. Folders
    disappeared except for the computer itself. Documents and
    Settings folder disappeared from sight, and can't be found even
    with a search.

    So...
    If I go to my last restore point, do I lose all documents
    generated/edited in the interim?
    Is there some Microsoft mantra that might help?

    Aaaargh!

    ..
    emailaddyremovehyphens

    , Aug 21, 2003

  2. Miggsee Guest

    Documents are not affected by a Restore, only programs. Any document you
    created/edited will be fine. :)

    Miggsee, Aug 21, 2003