    Any help appreciated

    Rgds

    Hugh

    hugh pearce, Sep 1, 2004

  2. hugh pearce

    °Mike° Guest

    Add the following to the [Options] section
    of your c:\msdos.sys file:

    BootSafe=1

    You will need to change it back to "BootSafe=0"
    when you get things sorted out.

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2004

  3. hugh pearce

    Pennywise Guest

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 22:08:41 +0100, "hugh pearce"

    |>Hi
    |>
    |>Got dual boot, When I press f8 at the w98/XP selection screen and then
    |>select safe mode it just boots normally in w98 and I can find no way of
    |>accessing safe mode. I need to access safe mode as I'm getting proection
    |>errors after installing adaptec easy cdcreater, and there is no other way I
    |>can uninstall it or deselect it from startup menu so it doesn't crash on

    This is part of my MSDOS.SYS file:

    [Options]
    BootMulti=1
    BootGUI=1
    Bootdelay=10
    Bootkeys=1
    BootMenu=1
    Logo=0

    It's the BootMenu=1 you might want to add this will pop up a menu when
    you boot into 98 allowing you to:

    Go to Dos
    bootlog.txt your start-up
    Safe Mode
    Normal boot up

    If you boot into XP you'll never see it.

    Bootkeys=1 allows the F8 key to work.

    Pennywise, Sep 2, 2004
  4. hugh pearce

    °Mike° Guest

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 16:58:17 -0700, in
    <>
    Pennywise scrawled:

    He already has access to the boot menu:

    <Quote>
    When I press f8 ... and then select safe mode
    <Unquote>

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2004
  5. hugh pearce

    Pennywise Guest

    |>>It's the BootMenu=1 you might want to add this will pop up a menu when
    |>>you boot into 98 allowing you to:
    |>>
    |>>Go to Dos
    |>>bootlog.txt your start-up
    |>>Safe Mode
    |>>Normal boot up
    |>>
    |>>If you boot into XP you'll never see it.
    |>>
    |>>Bootkeys=1 allows the F8 key to work.
    |>
    |>He already has access to the boot menu:

    Ya I should of deleted that line I was going to explain them all and
    said screw it.

    [Options]
    BootMulti=1
    BootGUI=1
    Bootdelay=10
    Bootkeys=1
    BootMenu=1
    Logo=0

    Pennywise, Sep 2, 2004
  6. hugh pearce

    Deano Plenty Guest

    You have to choose which operating system first push the enter key then push
    F8. The others didn't understand what you meant or the meaning of your
    question.

    Deano Plenty, Sep 2, 2004
  7. hugh pearce

    °Mike° Guest

    I beg to differ. The OP stated quite clearly:
    "When I press f8 at the w98/XP selection screen and
    then select safe mode"
    which obviously means that he reached the
    DOS bootup menu, otherwise he wouldn't
    have been able to "select safe mode".

    °Mike°, Sep 2, 2004
  8. hugh pearce

    Dean C Guest

    When you have the dual boot choices highlight Windows 98, hit enter, then
    hit F8 immediately afterwards. System will then load the W98 boot menu
    including safe mode option.

    Dean C, Sep 2, 2004