    windwos 98? Any advice would be very helpful. If you want to relpy to me
    directly please send to
    thanks

    runlikedodge, Nov 11, 2004

  2. runlikedodge

    Malke Guest

    Don't post your real, unmunged email address in Usenet or messageboard
    postings. You'll get lots more spam and viruses.

    Please post back to this thread and better explain what you are try to
    do. What is your current network setup? Is the Win98 box a desktop and
    wired to a router or directly to a cable/dsl modem? Is the WinXP box a
    laptop or desktop that you wish to add to the network wirelessly?

    Malke

    Malke, Nov 11, 2004

  3. runlikedodge

    Stranger Guest

    As far as I can tell from the limited info in your original post--no
    problem. I'm doing that very thing.

    I run a desktop with W98FE wired to a Netgear WGR614. My HP laptop is
    running XP Home SP1, connecting wireless thru the router. I share files
    between the computers.

    About the only thing that is an obstacle is the difference in
    terminology, configuration, etc. Each OS calls various features and
    components different things--sometimes get a bit confusing.

    Just be sure and set up your security if you plan to enable sharing.

    Stranger

    Stranger, Nov 11, 2004
  4. runlikedodge

    runlikedodge Guest