XP system tray program not showing up consistently

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Cloud Burst, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    Hi.

    Running XP Pro. All up to date with patches, etc.

    I have a pop3 checked that always loads at startup time.

    Occasionally it doesn't show up in the System Tray, but
    it is running for sure. Usually it does show up.

    There is a "Hide inactive icons" check box in the Task
    Bar properties which I have unchecked.

    Any ideas? Bug? Common bug?

    Thanks.

    CB

    Cloud Burst, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Cloud Burst

    °Mike° Guest

    Which POP3 checker would this be? It's probably
    software related.

    °Mike°, Jun 14, 2004

  3. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    Magic Mail Monitor. I really like it. But it shows up in the System
    Tray 99% of the time. You think that could be related to MMM itself?

    CB

    Cloud Burst, Jun 15, 2004
  4. Cloud Burst

    °Mike° Guest

    I use Magic Mail Monitor, too. It works fine for me.
    Looking at the documentation, there were several
    interface bugs fixed in version 2.94b9, but it's now
    up to version 2.94b10 as of April. Are you up to
    date?

    °Mike°, Jun 15, 2004
  5. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    Aha. Thanks. I didn't even know development had moved to SourceForge.
    I had V2.9, and the update link went to the original developer's page.

    Let's see what happens with the updated version.

    CB

    Cloud Burst, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Cloud Burst

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome. The filters and regexp are very handy.

    °Mike°, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Cloud Burst

    Cloud Burst Guest

    Well, it happened again. So I guess it's more like 90%, not 99%!

    I think this is the only app it ever happens to, but I'm not sure.
    I think maybe Norton Anti-Virus Pro or ZoneAlarm may also do this
    every now and then.

    It's mostly just annoying since I don't know if the app is running
    or not without looking in the Task Manager.

    Cloud Burst, Jun 16, 2004