    <http://mobile.pcauthority.com.au/Article.aspx?CIID=382543&type=News>

    More new PC computers and new Windows OS versions being sold = more
    money for Microsoft. :-\

    Your Name, Apr 11, 2014

  2. Your Name

    victor Guest

    Gasp !!
    Where did this Einstein spring from ?

    victor, Apr 11, 2014

  3. Your Name

    Enkidu Guest

    Yeah, they will be coining it in at 0.3% y-o-y growth. Yeah, right.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 11, 2014
  4. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    Wait until the "more than 200 million" Windows XP users in China start
    upgrading. :p

    Your Name, Apr 11, 2014
  5. Your Name

    victor Guest

    Time to pirate a new version.

    victor, Apr 11, 2014
  6. Your Name

    ~misfit~ Guest

    LOL.

    I've had two phone calls from friends / family in the last week worried
    because their OS / AV is giving them dire warnings, telling them they're now
    at the mercy of anyone with even a smidgeon of hacking skills.
    --
    </Shaun>

    cozy little classification in the DSM."
    David Melville (in r.a.s.f1).

    ~misfit~, Apr 12, 2014
  7. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    I've had a client email me asking what she needs to do about it ... and
    she's using an iMac, so doesn't even have Windows, let alone XP! :-\

    Your Name, Apr 12, 2014
  8. ... so the fear part is still working. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 14, 2014
  9. um ... I don't think MS is going to see any of those "sales" ... or ifthey
    do, $10 a time aint gonna do it for them. :) :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 14, 2014
  10. Your Name

    Your Name Guest

    $10 a time would be $2billion (or at least what Americans call a
    billion) ... but you're right, I did think later that probably one
    person will buy it and the other 199,999,999 Chinese will simply pirate
    it from that.

    Your Name, Apr 14, 2014
  11. 2 american billion is small bananas to MS. :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 14, 2014
  12. Your Name

    Gordon Guest

    FUD, alive and well.

    Gordon, Apr 21, 2014
  13. Your Name

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Yeah, for sure. As I just mentioned in a post here it's mostly due to
    'must-have' add-ons piggy-backing other stuff with their installs. If the
    luser doesn't know to un-tick certain boxes then they're going to get mucho
    FUD.

    ~misfit~, Apr 22, 2014
  14. Your Name

    geopelia Guest

    "Enkidu" wrote in message
    Yeah, they will be coining it in at 0.3% y-o-y growth. Yeah, right.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    I didn't replace the computer, just had Windows 7 installed. I got a new
    computer about two years ago.
    The old one started off with Windows ME about 14 years ago.

    Having fun trying to put the arrow on a small moth that keeps trying to
    perch on the screen.
    Little things please little minds!

    geopelia, Apr 23, 2014
  15. Your Name

    Gordon Guest

    Indded. This can often be seen over in nz.general circa 2014.

    Gordon, Apr 24, 2014