    startup disk, though, cannot see my NTFS drives. It sees my FAT32 drive D as
    C. Are there any files I should add to the startup disk so I can have read
    and write access to my NTFS C drive?

    SeaMaiden, May 16, 2005

  2. SeaMaiden

    old jon Guest

    Try going to `bootdisk.com` for your solution. best wishes..J

    old jon, May 16, 2005

  3. SeaMaiden

    Demmpa Guest

    there is a little program, "ntfsdos"
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ntfsdos

    if you create the ghost-disk right you dont need ntfsdos.

    too flashing BIOS its recommended too use a basic dos-sart-disket
    without any extanded startfiles.

    Demmpa, May 16, 2005
  4. SeaMaiden

    SeaMaiden Guest

    NTFSDOS provides only read-only access. The version with write access is
    part of an Administrator's Pak that costs $1200! That's beyond reach for the
    consumer. You can't buy NTFSPro by itself. Any other ideas?

    SeaMaiden, May 16, 2005
  5. SeaMaiden

    SeaMaiden Guest

    The utility they have provides read-only access, not write access. Any other
    ideas?

    SeaMaiden, May 16, 2005
  6. SeaMaiden

    old jon Guest

    old jon, May 16, 2005
  7. SeaMaiden

    Ron Martell Guest

    Not from a bootable diskette, that I am aware of.

    Bart's PE Builder, from http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/ will create a
    bootable CD that loads a minimal version of Windows XP from the CD,
    and you can access NTFS drives that way.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP