    those.

    Is there a way to install individual components of SP3 and install those
    that are successful and ignore the one or two that won't install.

    calgaryNW, May 10, 2008

  2. calgaryNW

    Erlio Guest

    I had a machine that did that, in fact it got so bad it wouldn't install any
    updates. I think a lot of these problems are related to the order in which
    things are installed, plus the odd application that deletes necessary
    components out of pure stupidity on the part of the developers. I remember
    if you installed Windows 2000, W2k SP4, Office 2000 and Office upgrades in a
    certain order you got a really, really unstable system every time. Change
    the order and everything would be great. What I did was to repair the XP
    installation with the XP install CD, and then install SP3 from CD.
    Everything looks great so far, knock on wood. Look on the downloads page,
    or on the SP3 page under IT Professionals section for downloading the CD.

    Good luck,

    Earle

    Erlio, May 10, 2008

  3. I don't know, I did a fresh install, then sp2, then the update the
    next day and all I can see is one sp3 entry in add/remove programs. I
    don't know what the logic is in that.

    monkey_cartman, May 10, 2008
  4. calgaryNW

    *Less* Guest

    Here are some info on how to prepare and install <SP3> To XP:
    (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsxp/cc164204.aspx)

    Good Luck
    *Less*

    *Less*, May 10, 2008