    suggestions?

    Rebooting sometimes solves it but if i go to standby and then reawaken
    the laptop the status is nearly always wrong.

    anthony james, Oct 23, 2004

  2. anthony james

    Fred Dibnah Guest

    I have exactly this same problem. I've tried a Linksys 802.11B PCI card and
    I've tried a Microstar USB adapter on the same machine and it doesn't seem
    to make any difference. It was a fresh install of Windows XP SP1 with SP2
    added and then the wireless installed. I can't figure it out.

    Fred

    Fred Dibnah, Oct 26, 2004

  3. anthony james

    Joe Guest

    Many XP wireless problems can be solved by turning off (stop the service
    and set to manual start) the Wireless Zero Configuration service and
    using the hardware manufacturer's configuration utility instead. Just
    setting the wireless configuration not to use Windows to manage it is
    not enough.

    If the manufacturer's utility is not able to pick up the wireless
    connection at boot, leave the Windows service on automatic but stop it
    after booting. It seems to want to interfere with the connection at
    intervals, frequently killing it completely.

    Joe, Oct 26, 2004