    already in the P.C. keylogging.

    Can I run both firewalls at the same time??

    Thanks

    ///Owen\\\\\\, Oct 11, 2005

  2. ///Owen\\\\\\

    why? Guest

    2 software firewalls at the same time, maybe , see below.

    ZA should by now be recoginised by the Win Security Center, so if you
    want to go with ZA. Disable the Win FW and get ZA on.

    A hardware FW on router/moden and software FW on a PC is much better.

    Did you check the Win SP2 center at zonelabs, read the info , FAQs,
    check the support pages?

    Q 7, 8 and 9 are

    # I am running ZoneAlarm on my PC. After installing XP SP2, is Windows
    Firewall automatically running as well?

    # Will I have greater protection if I run both firewalls?

    # What are the differences between the free ZoneAlarm firewall and
    Windows Firewall?

    The answer 2 one of those questions and yours is -

    Zone Labs does not recommend running two firewalls at the same time
    because you may experience some performance problems.

    You will find a lot of FW vendors saying the same thing,

    <vendor> does not recommend running two firewalls at the same time
    because you may experience some performance problems.

    Me

    why?, Oct 11, 2005

  3. ///Owen\\\\\\

    BIG NIGE Guest

    Not RecommendedGet Zone Alarm Security Suite V6.0.667.000
    Better firewall that free one (if that is what you are using) + Anti Virus
    (Computer Associates) + Spyware Remover + other bits too.

    BIG NIGE, Oct 11, 2005
  4. ///Owen\\\\\\

    Duane Arnold Guest

    The moment you depend upon that crutch ZA or any personal FW solution
    that can easily be beaten by malware because it runs with the O/S, then
    you have already lost.

    I suggest you look around for yourself from time to time with the proper
    tools and not depend upon the crutch to tell you what is happening.

    Long version

    http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Hidden_Backdoors_Trojan_Horses_and
    _Rootkit_Tools_in_a_Windows_Environment.html

    Short version

    http://tinyurl.com/klw1

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Oct 12, 2005