    William?

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 22, 2006

  2. It's a virus Geo,

    Delete it without opening any attachments and you should be fine, assuming you
    have all legitimate updates applied through the windows update process.

    Mark Robinson, Oct 22, 2006

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I've got all the updates and PC-cillin up to date.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 22, 2006
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I've got all the updates and PC-cillin up to date.

    Geopelia

    <
    <
    <
    <
    <
    <

    Geopelia, Oct 22, 2006
  5. And assuming you haven't hit a zero-day attack...

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Oct 22, 2006
  6. Geopelia

    MaHogany Guest

    Microsoft does not send random emails about software updates.

    Ma Hogany

    MaHogany, Oct 22, 2006
  7. Geopelia

    NR Guest

    If you need to ask, you should have your computer taken away!

    NR, Oct 23, 2006
  8. Geopelia

    NR, Oct 23, 2006
  9. Geopelia

    E. Scrooge Guest

    Don't trust any emails about updates and any emails that want information
    from you.

    It's jokingly using "William" instead of Bill as in Bill Gates.

    You should change you email address slightly for newsgroups if that's your
    genuine address you're using, Geopelia.
    Just add "nospam" to it somewhere like before "xtra".

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Oct 23, 2006
  10. Geopelia

    Blue Guest

    If you do not know then best delete and ask questions later.

    Blue, Oct 23, 2006
  11. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you, I'll try that.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 23, 2006
  12. Geopelia

    Robert Cooze Guest

    I think the people who don't ask cause the most problems. I congratulate
    Geopelia for asking the questions that most of us would never ask any
    more.

    Robert Cooze, Oct 23, 2006
  13. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. There were no computers when I went to school (1935-1947), so I
    missed out on what people today would think elementary stuff. I use the Help
    menus, but often they seem to assume a basic knowledge which I don't have as
    yet. There is so much to learn all at once.

    I much appreciate all the help kind people here have given me.

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Oct 23, 2006
  14. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    Indeed. Geopelia also introduces another welcomed element missing from
    several posters in this NG. Politeness.

    Dave Doe, Oct 23, 2006
  15. Geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    Thank you. This seems to be a group for helpful people and those who
    need help, like me.
    (There are plenty of groups for rude remarks, witty or otherwise!)

    Geopelia

    geopelia, Oct 24, 2006