XP Shutting down instead of logging off

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PC, Dec 25, 2003.

  1. PC

    PC Guest

    Hi,

    Windows XP Professional is shutting down instead of just logging-off from
    the current user, but this only happens on one of the 5 users' desktops; all
    the others take you to the blue XP logon screen and so allow you to choose
    another user as is normal.

    In addition, the PC often doesn't reboot, opting instead to shut down on
    many occasions.

    All users have admin status and the only thing that I can think of that is
    significant about the user that's affected in this way is that the user is
    me, and I was the first user registered on the PC; I've no idea whether this
    is significant.

    One other issue could be that I have installed Zone Alarm Pro and I've heard
    of instances of its affecting user access in a similar way. I'm loathe to
    uninstall it as it is running well and has 'learned' my internet access
    habits; in any case, I'm not at all clear that the two events are related.

    The PC has run perfectly for 18 months before this problem.

    Anyone able to help?

    TIA
    Pete

    PC, Dec 25, 2003