    be very much appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Andy.

    adamadamant, Jan 1, 2005

  2. That's a "professional" who needs to be ignored. The advice is simply wrong.
    SP2 should be fine on the configuration you outlined. I've installed it on
    dozens of machines without a hitch.

    Oxford Systems, Jan 1, 2005

  3. adamadamant

    adamadamant Guest

    Many thanks,
    Andy.

    adamadamant, Jan 1, 2005
  4. adamadamant

    Phian Guest

    I have noticed no lack of stability since loading SP2 and had not thought of
    the matter as SP2 v SP1 as they do different things.

    Phian

    Phian, Jan 1, 2005
  5. adamadamant

    BIGEYE Guest

    But the professional works in PC World so he must be correct. And, he is a
    professional - NOT!

    BIGEYE, Jan 1, 2005
  6. adamadamant

    Andy Guest

    Have to agree with that, had no problems since loading SP2

    Oh and one more thing, ignore the idiots and the remarks about your daughter
    (Hard to do I know)
    the world would be a better place if they just died!

    Andy, Jan 1, 2005
  7. adamadamant

    Gary Guest

    The processor might be a little on the slow side, but sp2 leaves an
    uninstall file that would permit you to back it out if needed. I've had
    one problem installing sp2 in which it killed the system on a brand new
    machine and I was forced to reload the OS. After that, it worked fine.

    Gary, Jan 2, 2005
  8. adamadamant

    Duck Ducking Guest

    Die? Nah, just see themselves as others do.

    Duck Ducking, Jan 2, 2005
  9. adamadamant

    Andy Guest

    Good point, guess my previous comment was a bit ott. I just can't understand
    people that get enjoyment out of trying to make others unhappy!

    Happy New Year !!

    Andy

    Andy, Jan 2, 2005