    Is their anyway to get this remote assistance to work over the internet with
    this config? I have some idea that perhaps it could be possible by doing
    port mapping but I am not sure.

    JedMeister, Apr 26, 2004

  2. JedMeister

    Craig Shore Guest

    You will probably need to map the ports that Remote Assistance is using,
    probably only on your parents router. Perhaps using a 3rd party program to do
    it (the remote admin) might be easier, there are lots around. You'll still need
    to map the port, whatever software you use, on your parents end.

    Craig Shore, Apr 26, 2004

  3. JedMeister

    Enkidu Guest

    You'll have to pinhole port 3389 on one or both routers.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 26, 2004
  4. JedMeister

    EMB Guest

    In
    My pick of the third party remote software is Dameware.
    http://www.dameware.com

    EMB, Apr 26, 2004
  5. JedMeister

    JedMeister Guest

    Thanks , will give this a try next time I visit my parents.

    JedMeister, Apr 26, 2004
  6. JedMeister

    Dave Taylor Guest

    You could also get them to email you the file that the help and support
    page can make. That will help through one layer of NAT.
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Apr 27, 2004
  7. JedMeister

    Craig Shore Guest

    Craig Shore, Apr 28, 2004
  8. JedMeister

    JedMeister Guest

    Thanks for the recommendations, I will keep these in mind if the xp
    solutions do not work or are inadequate.

    JedMeister, Apr 29, 2004
  9. JedMeister

    rogergrand

    Joined:
    Mar 18, 2014
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    If both computers are on same network, you can use Microsoft default RDP tool. You need to enter target computer IP address in order to remotely access it. However, if computers are on different networks, I would recommend using remote support tools like logmein, RHUB, Bomgar, GoSupportNow, TeamViewer etc.

    rogergrand, Mar 18, 2014