    shared folders are showing except the XP Pro ones when I'm on XP Pro.

    Any pointers please

    George

    George, Jan 28, 2004

  2. George

    Conor Guest

    http://www.tomsnetworking.com/Sections-article64-page1.php

    HTH. Got a few more.

    --
    Conor

    "The vast majority of Iraqis want to live in a peaceful, free world.
    And we will find these people and we will bring them to justice."
    - George Bush

    Conor, Jan 28, 2004

  3. George

    George Guest

    Thanks for the reply Conor no joy still the same problem.
    Anything else

    Regards

    george

    George, Jan 28, 2004
  4. George

    Sunil Sood Guest

    Sorry - its not quite clear.. what OS is the laptop?

    Regards
    Sunil

    Sunil Sood, Jan 28, 2004
  5. George

    George Guest

    Sorry bout that it's Win XP Home on the laptop.

    Regards

    George

    George, Jan 28, 2004
  6. George

    George Guest

    Hi
    Got it sorted. I'd set the WEP encryption with a passphrase at 128 bits and
    didn't realise I had to insert the hexdecimal key into the network key field
    of the wireless network properties
    I then had to select the key format "Hexdecimal digits" and the key length
    "104 bits (26 digits)" which corresponds to 128 bit WEP encryption.
    Once that was done the laptop network appeared right away with file sharing
    and internet connection available.

    Regards

    George

    George, Jan 29, 2004