    memory " I'am using XP Pro SP1 (backed out from SP2) with linksys usb
    adapter. I have to un-install hardware several times to get back online.

    Dave

    Guest, Sep 14, 2004

  2. Dave,

    I assume you are receiving these error message with regard to your linksys
    adapter? The first thing I would do is check with Linksys for updated
    drivers and install them. Also, what caused you to back out from SP2?

    Brandy Griffin [MSFT], Sep 14, 2004

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    This issue is a problem with the Linksys adapter; I had to back out of SP2
    because I wasn't able to get the device installed after the service patch. I
    have updated to the latest drivers, but I still have the same issue. The
    device manager will indicate that there are no drivers installed for the
    adapter. Sometimes the drivers will load and the network detected but the
    connection will fail, other times I get the code 10 cannot start device. I
    also have to change the port and when I get lucky it will connect.

    Dave H.

    Guest, Sep 17, 2004