    created a couple of accounts for her sister / brother it seemed there was no
    other option but to have it this way.

    Steven.

    Steven Campbell, Aug 30, 2005

  2. have the same user / password combos on all machines or Enable guest
    access on all machines.
    leaving them blank fixes it I believe. If its Pro there may be a
    security policy to set to allow blank passwords.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Steven Campbell

    Ian James Guest

    If it's XP Pro, enable 'Simple File Sharing' (see Google).

    Ian

    Ian James, Aug 30, 2005
  4. Steven Campbell

    Tony Raven Guest

    No, blanks work in Pro too.

    Tony Raven, Aug 30, 2005
  5. doesn't it depend on security policy settings ? no anonymous logins
    etc.

    Phil

    Phil Thompson, Aug 31, 2005
  6. Steven Campbell

    Tony Raven Guest

    Dunno. I just found as the default that if you didn't give it a
    password at initial setup it didn't ask for one and if you did it did
    but I am sure you can force it to need a password if you want.

    Tony Raven, Aug 31, 2005
  7. Correct, it didn't need a password at initial start up but since setting up
    accounts it has to have them. I can't see any way round this.

    Steven.

    Steven Campbell, Aug 31, 2005
  8. Steven Campbell

    Tony Raven Guest

    I have a family machine with four user accounts on it and none of them
    with passwords. Just left the password box blank when I set them up and
    ever since it has never asked. Running on XP Pro.

    Tony Raven, Aug 31, 2005
  9. Thanks I'll have a look. It was my daughter than done it and she reckoned it
    had to have a password.

    Since this will probably be at the root of my problem, does anyone know if
    the password fields can be removed while still keeping different log in
    accounts?

    Steven.

    Steven Campbell, Sep 3, 2005