xp pro sp2 loosing wireless connectivity

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Nov 5, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi,

    I have installed a Netgear WG511v1 wireless card into my laptop so i can
    join the network at work. Thing is since installing SP2 i can open internet
    explorer browse for about 1 minute then it says "this page cannot be
    displayed" and when i type in an address into the bar e.g www.yahoo.com it
    saysat the bottom opening page www.www.yahoo.com.

    Im using WEP security on configured on the netgear smart wizard, and wpa is
    disabled in windows

    I remedy this by disconnecting and then re-connecting but again it does it
    after about 1 minute.

    Can anyone help please.

    Thanks

    Andy