    My questions is how to i reset them to the dfaults and get it so i can
    share my files over the network :O(

    Hardeep.

    Hardeep Rakhra, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Hardeep Rakhra

    Groove Guest

    Hardeep Rakhra said this...
    How about using system restore to return to a known good condition?

    Groove, Dec 22, 2003

  3. K. Got everything looking how it shoul, but when i want to browse this
    machine for another it still prompts for a password and user name. Once
    i pop my user name and password in, it works fine.

    I just want the other system to be able to get at my files without any
    need for a password. Works on all the other machines. Just this one is
    being silly.

    Hardeep.

    Hardeep Rakhra, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Hardeep Rakhra

    fake Guest

    No no are there any people in here with USEFUL advice??

    There is no need to do a system restore! seems to be the
    NO SO EASY solution for everything.

    Ok all you have to do is open my computer
    Click on the tools
    Click on folder options
    Click on View
    move the scroll bar to the bottom of the list
    select Use simple file sharing (recommended)

    and thats it

    Personally I'd stick with the settings you already have
    if you are annoyed about the window comming up asking
    for user name and password, just enter the "Administrator"
    account and type in the password, then before hitting ok
    tick the "save password" box and hey presto you get no
    more prompts asking you for passwords and userids.

    Hope this is helpful

    fake, Dec 23, 2003
  5. Hardeep Rakhra

    Groove Guest

    Some anonymous bloke said this...
    The OP had got himself into an unknown and possibly problematic state by
    changing an uncertain variety of permissions. I therefore stand by my
    suggestion of a system restore as being the safest option.
    However I thank you for the more useful advice that followed. That was
    outside of my experience.

    Groove, Dec 23, 2003