    131,070MB partition. I'm loading into that now.

    What happened to the GB's? Is this an addressing issue?

    Will later versions of XP Pro recognize this extra space?

    d.s., Sep 8, 2008

  2. d.s.

    Shinta Maru Guest

    It's a known problem with the version of XP you are using without SP1. You
    have at least two options. One, install your version of XP, and then
    install SP1. It may work, and your missing GBs appear, but it may not.
    Two, slipstream your XP disk with SP1, and install your updated XP. If
    you can do that, you could slipstream all the later changes to XP.
    That is probably your better option.

    Shinta Maru, Sep 8, 2008

  3. d.s.

    d.s. Guest

    Thanks.

    d.s., Sep 8, 2008
  4. d.s.

    Mara Guest

    You do realise SP 3 is out, right? I've been testing it for some time.

    Mara, Sep 8, 2008
  5. d.s.

    d.s. Guest

    SP3 includes 1 and 2, so I'll probably just do the update route. I
    haven't done slipstream before, so I'd have to do a little bit of
    study first.

    d.s., Sep 9, 2008
  6. d.s.

    d.s. Guest

    d.s., Sep 9, 2008
  7. d.s.

    Mara Guest

    It would have to be, or I'd have had to install SP 1 & 2 before I did 3. I
    installed 3 because I was having the exact problem you are - A brand new 500GB
    drive with only 131 seen. I installed SP 3 and then used Partition Magic 8 to
    resize the partition. Very slick.

    Mara, Sep 9, 2008