    I might still be at an impasse.

    I reckon this is supposed to work, however does anyone want to share some
    reality with me?

    ng_reader, Jun 4, 2007

  2. ng_reader

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 16:02:43 -0400, ng_reader wrote:

    You have done some basic diagnostics?

    Never used XP Home so if it's a funny thing with that, wait for someone
    else to answer.
    So the XP Pro is wireless as well? Not that it matters so much, you
    didn't say, but did point out the others are wireless.

    The IP address of the XP Pro is valid for your network.
    You can ping the XP Pro machine by name and / or IP from XP Home
    machines?

    The XP Pro machine can ping your gateway?
    XP Pro isn't configured for a domain.

    It's the same workgroup? But NN should show it even if it's different.

    Not a firewall rule somewhere?

    The XP Pro user account name/password is the same as the account on the
    XP H machine?
    It does work.

    Me

    why?, Jun 4, 2007

  3. ng_reader

    PeeCee Guest

    er does not what?

    See the LAN, see the Internet, see shared folders on other PC's ?????

    Things to check:

    * Firewalls.
    * Workgroup name
    * TCP/IP settings (DHCP or manual)
    * Printer drivers installed first.
    * Policy settings on the XP Pro Notebook.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 4, 2007
  4. ng_reader

    ng_reader Guest

    Somewhat muddy.

    Just want to print, is all. Can't unless I add that printer to the XP Pro.

    Firewalls? Oh, heck yah. On both.
    Workgroup name
    Hmmmm. I know the name of the machine that the printer is connected to, but
    that's not a workgroup, is it. Seems as tho the machine can see a Microsoft
    home share network or something like that. dunno, tired now. need rest.
    XP Pro, settings? I am *locked* out of pretty much doing anything on it.
    Oh, snap. Maybe I can't even install a printer.
    Yep, square one.
    I just emailed the doc to the other machine and printed it off.

    ~nevermind~

    ng_reader, Jun 5, 2007
  5. ng_reader

    PeeCee Guest

    :) I'll go along with that, so often kiss (keep it simple s...) is the
    appropriate answer.

    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jun 5, 2007