    anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix it?
    thanks ...
    jils

    jils, Feb 26, 2004

  2. jils

    $Kip Guest

    Me too..

    $Kip, Feb 26, 2004

  3. jils

    jils Guest

    maybe we could go for a coffee together while we wait <snort>

    "$Kip" <> wrote in message
    Me too..

    jils, Feb 26, 2004
  4. jils

    jils Guest

    ok solving my own problems .. just ran spybot and adaware. they cleaned up
    some crappy stuff and now my OE seems to be running more like its old self
    ... $kip, maybe you could try the same solution?

    jils, Feb 26, 2004
  5. jils

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 18:21:14 +1100, "jils"
    <> wrote:

    >i just installed xp pro.
    >now my OE takes an inordinate time to start up.
    >i could go away and make a coffee while it starts.
    >no, really, the start up page stays on the screen for a full minute!
    >
    >anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix it?
    >thanks ...
    >jils

    What's your processor speed and RAM? Other than general system
    slowness, there could be a number of reasons for OE to be slow to
    launch. You may find the following link helpful:
    http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/problems/performance.htm

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
  6. jils

    Declan Swan Guest

    jils wrote:
    > i just installed xp pro.
    > now my OE takes an inordinate time to start up.
    > i could go away and make a coffee while it starts.
    > no, really, the start up page stays on the screen for a full minute!
    >
    > anyone have any suggestions why this is happening and/or how to fix
    > it? thanks ...
    > jils

    Get either a new computer, or remaster you PC.

    Failing that, just try:

    Start-> run
    type: msconfig

    kill of anything that may be running

    Try dat.

    Declan Swan, Feb 26, 2004
  7. jils

    Declan Swan Guest

    NOTE: This message was sent thru a mail2news gateway.
    No effort was made to verify the identity of the sender.

    Declan Swan, Feb 26, 2004
  8. jils

    Declan Swan Guest

    Declan Swan, Feb 26, 2004