    installing XP Pro? I recently installed XP Pro to a machine that had XP
    Home. After the Pro installation I haven't been able to get a wireless
    connection.

    Guest, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Jeff----After installing SP2 on my XP, my MS Wireless still worked but I kept
    getting a window that stated it had a compatibity issue with this version of
    Windows and referred me to the MS Wireless Website:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/BroadbandNetworking/AutoUpdate2/CheckUpdates.asp
    There you need to download and install the update containing the Broadband
    Network Utility, USB Adapter MN-510 Drive, Base Station MN-500 Bootware, and
    the Base Station MN-500 Runtime Firmware......Use "Open" rather than "Save"
    when prompted in the File Download. You have a problem getting the Network
    Utility to update properly like me......my icon on my Taskbar disappeared and
    I couldn't bring it up in the Start menu. So, I had to then download the MS
    Broadband Setup software from the MS Broadband Website.....couldn't use my CD
    because my computer had a later version installed. I installed the software
    as if I were installing a USB Adapter for the first time. Now my wireless
    network works perfect with XP Pro SP2. "Where there's a will, there's way"!
    Tom

    Guest, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Jeff- More information is needed to answer your question. Are you using XP
    SP1 or SP2? What are the AP and NIC you are using?
    What kind of authentication and encryption you are using if any? How did you
    set up your network? Can you give more detail on what the problem is, are
    there any error messages?

    Yi Chen
    Software Design Engineer

    ***Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for
    newsgroup purposes only.

    Yi Chen [MSFT], Oct 21, 2004