    Is it possible to 'pin' a folder to the XP Start Menu? For example, a
    "Graphics" folder that contains links to graphics programs.

    Thanks.

    King O'Diamonds, Jan 25, 2004

  2. King O'Diamonds

    °Mike° Guest

    That's what the 'All Folders' menu is for.

    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Cool. Where is it?

    Note: I do have "All Programs". However, there are a lot of programs
    in there. I want to 'pin' a couple of folders to my 'pin' menu,
    whatever it's called, so I can quickly get to the programs I use most
    often.

    King O'Diamonds, Jan 25, 2004
  4. King O'Diamonds

    °Mike° Guest

    Of course, I meant to say 'All Programs'. :)

    You can only "pin" executable programs, or shortcuts on
    the Start menu, not folders.

    °Mike°, Jan 26, 2004
  5. King O'Diamonds

    Patrick Guest

    If from the 'Desktop', you right-click a shortcut (or program), thiere will
    be an option to 'Pin to Start menu'
    However, if you right-click *a folder* on the 'Desktop', there is not said
    option.
    To put *a folder* on the 'start-menu', drag it to the 'start' button, wait
    for it to open (ie still holding left-button), drag to the top section of
    the left pane and release.

    I just tested above-said and am not quite sure if a have copied the folder
    (still on Desktop) or made a shortcut, anyway it (the folder) opens on the
    start-menu with single click.

    Patrick, Jan 26, 2004