    ISTR that peer-peer in XP is very different from NT and 2000 which is very
    easy to configure.

    what am I missing ?

    sam1967, Feb 25, 2005

  2. sam1967

    Jeff Gaines Guest

    The easiest way is to have the same user name on each PC with the same
    password and you should be able to connect OK.

    You will need to specifically set up folders to share and then add
    permissions for the user you set up. It looks a bit daft because you
    add user //pc1/fred on pc1 and user //pc2/fred on pc2 but it works :)

    Jeff Gaines, Feb 25, 2005

  3. sam1967

    mikeFNB Guest

    mikeFNB, Feb 25, 2005
  4. sam1967

    Gordon Guest

    Have you run the network setup wizard on each machine?

    Gordon, Feb 26, 2005