    HI all not sure if approp. group. My friend installed XP and forgot his PW,
    is there a way to recover this. I remember someone telling me of a program
    a few years ago just cant remember it.

    BJH, Oct 29, 2003

  2. BJH

    Thor Guest

    he should try booting to safe mode, and choose the administrator account
    (which is normally hidden in normal mode) which unless he also set an
    administrator password when he loaded XP, should allow him in, and then
    remove his user account password.

    Thor, Oct 30, 2003

  3. From: "BJH"
    http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/r1036438472

    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 30, 2003