    everything over or would it just be better to hit it with a hammer.
    let me know as hammer in hand. many thanks KS

    , May 15, 2007

  2. Guest

    wrote:

    >Hello, I'm hoping anyone can help otherwise I'm going to take great
    >pleasure in smashing up my pc.
    >Anyway I'm running win xp - some type of corrupt registry , it won't
    >let me re-install - blue screen of death about a registry problem.
    >Says something about the usual remove any recently installed hardware
    >etc. Done that and still nothing, I'm now unable to boot up. Is the
    >only option to get another hdd and re-install on that then try to copy
    >everything over or would it just be better to hit it with a hammer.
    >let me know as hammer in hand. many thanks KS

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545
    time consuming, and if you have never run NTbackup for the registry
    you will end up with XP OS at the time you first installed it.

    Little late but, but for the next time.

    Install another HD, install XP to that HD (a dual boot setup) - be
    sure it installs to that HD. Grab your stuff.

    Of course there is the last resort http://tinyurl.com/yl9x98

    --

    Vista install in 2 minutes
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVbf9tOGwno

    , May 15, 2007

  3. WhzzKdd Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Hello, I'm hoping anyone can help otherwise I'm going to take great
    >>pleasure in smashing up my pc.
    >>Anyway I'm running win xp - some type of corrupt registry , it won't
    >>let me re-install - blue screen of death about a registry problem.
    >>Says something about the usual remove any recently installed hardware
    >>etc. Done that and still nothing, I'm now unable to boot up. Is the
    >>only option to get another hdd and re-install on that then try to copy
    >>everything over or would it just be better to hit it with a hammer.
    >>let me know as hammer in hand. many thanks KS

    > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545
    > time consuming, and if you have never run NTbackup for the registry
    > you will end up with XP OS at the time you first installed it.
    >
    > http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
    > Little late but, but for the next time.
    >
    > Install another HD, install XP to that HD (a dual boot setup) - be
    > sure it installs to that HD. Grab your stuff.
    >
    > Of course there is the last resort http://tinyurl.com/yl9x98

    Love the BFH!

    WhzzKdd, May 15, 2007
  4. ProfGene Guest

    wrote:
    > Hello, I'm hoping anyone can help otherwise I'm going to take great
    > pleasure in smashing up my pc.
    > Anyway I'm running win xp - some type of corrupt registry , it won't
    > let me re-install - blue screen of death about a registry problem.
    > Says something about the usual remove any recently installed hardware
    > etc. Done that and still nothing, I'm now unable to boot up. Is the
    > only option to get another hdd and re-install on that then try to copy
    > everything over or would it just be better to hit it with a hammer.
    > let me know as hammer in hand. many thanks KS

    Try pressing F8 on boot and getting into the safe mode where you can
    attempt to restore to an earlier time. You don't need another hard
    drive if you have the XP install disks and they are the full version
    rather than the up date. You could try booting to the XP CD or if you
    have made a boot floppy and seeing if either of these can repair the
    problem but if it can't the XP disk will format a partition and
    reinstall the software.

    ProfGene, May 27, 2007
  5. Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 27 May 2007 11:10:42 -0500, ProfGene wrote:

    > Try pressing F8 on boot and getting into the safe mode where you can
    > attempt to restore to an earlier time. You don't need another hard
    > drive if you have the XP install disks and they are the full version
    > rather than the up date. You could try booting to the XP CD or if you
    > have made a boot floppy and seeing if either of these can repair the
    > problem but if it can't the XP disk will format a partition and
    > reinstall the software.

    Do you live in some other far-flung part of the time/space continuum from
    others who use usenet?

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06