    Sorry to ask, but I've never been asked to do this before on someone's pc
    using XP.

    Netty

    Netty, Jul 29, 2007

  2. Netty

    Mark Guest

    All the furry creatures in 24hoursupport.helpdesk gathered 'round and
    listened as Netty said...
    You can call Microsoft and have them issue a legitimate XP Pro key to
    you. You will have to pay for it though. Unfortunately, there is no
    way to roll down to XP Home.

    Mark, Jul 30, 2007

  3. Netty

    Netty Guest

    So even if I reformat/fdisk my hd, I can't install XP home? I'm sorry, but I
    just don't believe it can't be done.

    Netty

    Netty, Aug 1, 2007
  4. Netty

    meerkat Guest

    Of course you can Netty.
    Just makes sure you`ve saved anything you wish to keep First.

    bw..

    meerkat, Aug 1, 2007
  5. Netty

    Netty Guest

    I thought I could. But not knowing a great deal about XP, I thought I'd ask.
    Question is, how on earth can I format a pc with XP pro on it? When using
    previous Windows programs (95/98) it was easy to get to the C: prompt but I
    have no idea with XP. I have been told to use the XP disk but surely this
    will just reload XP again, or will it??

    Netty

    Netty, Aug 1, 2007
  6. Netty

    meerkat Guest

    Go here and d/load a WinME boot disk (hope you have a
    floppy drive).

    Boot up with that, and do your fdisk.
    Then load your XP CD.

    meerkat, Aug 1, 2007