    all seem to assume their customers already know...

    TIA
    ~RL

    Rustiferion, Dec 12, 2005

  2. Rustiferion

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Rustiferion spewed forth:
    Standard version, fully functional, with added multimedia capabilities
    (remote control, stuff like that).
    Editing? Not using MS products, I'm pretty sure. She'll probably be needing
    the software her class is teaching her to use, not some MS "applet".
    Read for yourself:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/evaluation/compare.mspx

    Toolman Tim, Dec 12, 2005

  3. Rustiferion

    Ron Martell Guest

    Windows XP Media Center Edition is based on Windows XP Professional
    with the network domain capabilities removed and additional multimedia
    functionality added.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Ron Martell, Dec 12, 2005
  4. Rustiferion

    Rustiferion Guest

    Is "network domain" different from network? Will she be able to use the
    school and my SOHO networks?

    ~RL

    Rustiferion, Dec 12, 2005
  5. Rustiferion

    Gordon Guest

    If neither use a domain controller, yes.

    Gordon, Dec 12, 2005
  6. Rustiferion

    Ron Martell Guest

    Yes. Network domains are created as part of Windows Server networks.
    It is possible that your daughter's school would have a domain
    established but if they did and student usage involved joining the
    domain they would be recommending Windows XP Professional rather than
    Windows XP Home

    Yes. Even if the school does have a domain, shared network resources
    would still be accessible, just as they would be from Windows XP Home.

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Ron Martell, Dec 12, 2005