    see is that they are sp2 and sp1. Can someone offer some help? I also have
    a win2k machine that cannot view the xp sp2 machine but can view the xp sp1
    machine. ???

    Guest, Feb 14, 2006

  2. Guest

    Carol Guest

    When you say you added it to your workgroup ok, you are sure that all your
    computers are on the same workgroup (checking your computer names are all
    different and they are all on the same network) Then check the ip addresses
    (you can open a command prompt window and type ipconfig /all ) and make
    sure your firewall is set to allow all the addresses on each computer. Then
    make sure, when the wireless computer tries to access the network, that it
    has set up any password you may have set in your router.
    What kind of router are you using and what type of wireless card (802.11 a/b
    or 802.11 a/b/g or a/b/g/n) Your hardware has to be compatible with your
    settings.

    Carol, Feb 14, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi Carol, thank you for your time. Yes, the computer names are all
    different. Yes, the workgroup is the same exactly on all three computers. I
    have DHCP enabled thus, it auto assigns my IP address for each computer.
    I'll try the IPCONFIG /all anyway. I don't have a password yet on my router;
    so that's not an issue. I'm using a DLink DI614+ 802.11g; When you say the
    hardward has to compatible with your settings, what exactly does that mean?
    My XPSP2 machine CAN get on the internet fine; under Explorer, Computers Near
    Me, I can see the names of my two other computers but when I click on one of
    those names, "//computerA is not found; path not found (something like that).
    Thanks again

    Guest, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Feb 15, 2006