    BCP3 :F46AE81C
    BCP4 :00000000

    can anyone help with solving problems ???? or tell me what coes mean....????

    Advid, May 25, 2005

  2. Advid

    Miggsee Guest

    Miggsee, May 25, 2005

  3. Advid

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, May 25, 2005
  4. Advid

    Ron Martell Guest

    That error code is for KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and the first
    parameter value indicates that the cause was STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

    This error is generally associated with hardware compatibility
    problems, such as a device driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade.

    Did this problem appear during the initial install of Windows XP? If
    not, did you just add some new hardware or update the drivers for some
    existing item? Did it appear immediately after upgrading your Windows
    XP to Service Pack 2?

    Try booting your computer into Safe Mode or into Last Known Good
    Configuration. You can select these from the Windows XP Startup Menu
    which you access by rapidly tapping the F8 key during the initial
    stages of the computer startup, beginning just as soon as the first
    information of any kind shows on the screen.

    If you can get the computer to start in Safe Mode then use System
    Restore to set it back to the most recent restore point that is prior
    to the onset of the problem, and also ensure that you remove any and
    all new hardware that was just installed, at least until you can get
    updated drivers for it.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, May 25, 2005
  5. Good God, Ron...I've been online since 1992, and I don't believe I've
    ever seen anyone come back with an interpretation of that kind of error
    message. Are you some kind of extraterrestrial? ;)

    Or maybe I'm thinking of the BSOD error codes -- have *they* ever been
    of any use to anyone?)

    Blinky the Shark, May 25, 2005
  6. Advid

    Ron Martell Guest

    BcCode = BugCheck code. Archaic microsoftese term for STOP code.

    Ron Martell, May 25, 2005
  7. Gotcha.

    Speaking of BSOD codes: have *they* ever been useful?

    Blinky the Shark, May 25, 2005
  8. Advid

    Pennywise Guest

    |>> BcCode = BugCheck code. Archaic microsoftese term for STOP code.
    |>
    |>Gotcha.

    Nice one :)

    |>Speaking of BSOD codes: have *they* ever been useful?

    The NT resource kit comes with a file called NTMSGS.HLP, you can plug
    in the BSOD #''s into it and get the error and remedy- still works for
    XP somewhat (not the errors mention'd by the OT).

    Under NT and the "device not equal" error, it was important to read
    the end of the first line of numbers to see if it was equal or odd.

    Pennywise, May 25, 2005
  9. Advid

    Ron Martell Guest

    With Windows 9x, quite frequently although not by themselves. But the
    code plus the address (and VxD file if mentioned) was often a pretty
    precise guide to the actual culprit.

    With Windows XP, very often, especially in conjunction with a
    reference list such as MVP Jim Eshelman's STOP errors web page at
    http://www.aumha.org/win5/kbestop.htm

    Ron Martell, May 26, 2005
  10. Advid

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Yeah - I get help from MS's support site searching there with the error
    codes as well. It does narrow down the problems most of the time.

    Toolman Tim, May 26, 2005