    Vince Slevin Guest

    How do you use the Windows XP preinstallation kit? I will need to use it
    when I sell computers. Thanks.

    Vince Slevin, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    I just posted the links with the answer to this yesterday in another thread
    titled "when selling an XP computer".

    Thor, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    You didn't post a link or say how to use it.

    Vince Slevin, Feb 8, 2004
  4. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    Thor, Feb 9, 2004
  5. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Thanks for the links. I looked back at that thread and you didn't post any
    links, or if you did my computers ot showing them. It shows that you posted
    these two messages:

    You need the OEM preinstall kit from Microsoft. This should allow you to set
    up and configure the installation then set the unit up for the end-user
    validation/activation.

    AFAIK, the preinstall kit just allows you to set up the install for later
    completion by the end user. You still need the OEM Windows CD (in fact the
    OEM preinstall kit might be included on the OEM CD). As for how you use the
    preinstall kit, follow the documentation that accompanies it.

    Below your writing was just what gg pndanski wrote. Maybe you posted another
    one that I never got somehow. Thanks for the links.

    Vince Slevin, Feb 9, 2004
  6. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Vince Slevin, Feb 9, 2004
  7. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    The post in question showed up on my server, and it's on Google. Both had
    the links. I think your server just didn't get that post. I posted three
    times in that thread. Whatever, glad the info was helpful.

    http://tinyurl.com/ywpl5

    Thor, Feb 9, 2004
  8. Vince Slevin

    Thor Guest

    I think that happens automatically when the image is put on the destination
    computer. The OPK CD has detailed instructions for deployment.

    Thor, Feb 9, 2004
  9. Vince Slevin

    Vince Slevin Guest

    Thanks