XP Driver support (or lack of)..

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Mark Gillespie, Jun 20, 2005.

  1. Is there any particular reason that *you* decided to migrate to a new
    OS without bothering to take the time to determine if the manufacturers
    of your various hardware devices had provided compatible device drivers?

    And what did these "big companies" tell you when you asked them about
    the availability of drivers for their products? Did they point out that
    they often wait months to see if a new OS is going to be popular enough
    for them to bother? Or that they other won't bother developing new
    drivers for old devices, and you'll just have to buy their latest
    product? (Such as often been the case, which is why one checks *before*
    upgrading to a new OS.)

    How can you possibly think that Microsoft is responsible for some other
    companies' failure to support their own products or customers?
    Microsoft doesn't provide device drivers for any hardware components but
    those that Microsoft manufacturers. All other device drivers must be
    provided to Microsoft for testing and inclusion in the installation
    package by each individual device manufacturer.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Bruce Chambers, Jul 4, 2005

  2. Mark Gillespie

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    You can't blame MS or anyone else for your own fault of not
    researching the availability of drivers for your hardware.
    It's as simple as that

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Mark Gillespie

    Guest Guest

    It appears that even microsoft products are not supported in win xp pro 64
    bit.I have recently took the plunge to build an awesome gaming rig only to
    find that I'd wasted my money buying 64 bit.Not only are peripherals not
    supported(printers scanners etc)but also my MICROSOFT gamevoice and
    MICROSOFT intelemouse.To anyone considering purchasing xp 64 bit I say don"t
    bother.It's a typical Microsoft product released way too soon,before all the
    bugs have been worked out.To Microsoft I say get your sh*t together!!

    Guest, Jul 5, 2005
  4. If by bugs, you mean a poorly written OS, I have to disagree. But if by
    bugs, you mean the failure of dozens of manufacturer's to write 64-drivers
    for their products, then I agree.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 5, 2005