    used for something else!
    Is there anyway of getting my USB connection back?

    TIA

    Freshman, Sep 26, 2003

  2. Install the usb drivers for the modem....next

    NewKillerStar, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Freshman

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you installed updated XP drivers?

    °Mike°, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Freshman

    Billh Guest

    Why don't you get a router. I saw a Linksys wired router for 39.99 US after
    rebate. This will let you plug in up to four computers and give you some
    added firewall protection with NAT. Also the laptop can connect with out
    the desktop being on.

    Billh, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Freshman

    why? Guest

    Try
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/techsupp.html
    or NTL user forums
    http://www.nthellworld.com/

    No XP device drivers, is USB detected in the hardware list?
    Get a router, works out better in the long run. You don't need a PC to
    share the connection to be on for the others to be able to connect.
    Maybe a USB card with some extra ports?

    Me

    why?, Sep 27, 2003
  6. Freshman

    Freshman Guest

    Thanks for the replies, I have checked out the update driver scenario but
    there doesn't seem to be one available for the modem. I've mailed NTL to see
    what they say

    Freshman, Sep 27, 2003
  7. Which modem do you have?

    NewKillerStar, Sep 27, 2003
  8. Freshman

    Freshman Guest

    It just says ntl:home Broadband Internet and underneath ntl: home 120

    Freshman, Sep 27, 2003