    I have even went so far as to buy a new drive and install it, and it still
    doesn't work.

    Larry

    Larry Bevard, Apr 3, 2004

  2. Larry Bevard

    Unk Guest

    1 - First, check the Bios and make sure that the option to hide the FDD from
    Windows is not enabled.

    2 - Format a floppy, copy something to it and see if you can read it back.

    2 - Open a command prompt and see if you can read the floppy from there.

    3 - This usually works:
    Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, Device Manager tab,
    Expand the Floppy disk controllers, double click on Standard floppy
    disk controller, check the box "Disable in this hardware profile",
    Shutdown & restart.

    4 - Microsoft's radical, and complicated, fix:
    Floppy Disk is Not Accessible, Not Formatted, or Not Recognized by Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=140060

    Unk, Apr 3, 2004

  3. Larry Bevard

    Plato Guest

    It's a feature of XP.
    http://www.bootdisk.com/bootlist/136.htm#3

    ps No guarantee that links on old pages still work.

    Plato, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Larry Bevard

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Apr 3, 2004