XP - Allow wired NIC to use the wireless NIC (packet forwarding)

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Guest, Jul 14, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    ok. I'm not sure if this is straight bridging.

    Right now I have a laptop with both a wireless NIC and a wired NIC.
    I have wired vonage adapter which accesses the wireless router through a
    wireless gaming adapter, this way, the vonage phone doesn't depend on the
    laptop to work.

    I'm going to vacation, and they have wireless access, but I'd rather not have
    to setup the gaming adapter for a new SSID.

    So, once the laptop negotiates the new connection with the router, how would
    I setup the laptop, so that any traffic on the wired NIC also is sent to the
    wireless NIC, this way, I could just plug the wired vonage adapter in, and
    it's DHCP would grab an address via the laptop's login to the wireless
    adapter.

    Is this just setting both networks to the bridge adapter?

    Guest, Jul 14, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Guest, Jul 14, 2006