    I believe these counters are also represented by the name
    "Dot3StatsInternalMacTxErrs" & "Dot3StatsInternalMacRxErrs"

    Marco

    Marco Shaw, Oct 2, 2007

  2. Marco Shaw

    Bod43 Guest

    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifInErrors
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.14

    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutErrors
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.20

    ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.transmission.dot3.dot3StatsTable.dot3StatsEntry
    ..1.3.6.1.2.1.10.7.2.1

    Has a number of counters that break the error type out.
    Look at RFC 1284 for details.

    The above "interfaces" MIBs are defined (with descriptions)
    in RFC1213.

    Bod43, Oct 2, 2007

  3. See ETHERNET.MIB for mentioned objects .1.3.6.1.2.1.35...(cisco.com
    snmplink.org)

    Hans
    nh1.homeip.net

    Hans-Dieter Kreutzner, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Marco Shaw

    Chris Mason Guest

    Marco

    Now you've been given the OIDs you can take a "walk" - a it were -
    over them to see whether or not, for the IP node implementation in
    which you are interested, they have been - in the language of SNMP -
    "instantiated". My experience - not with Cisco - is that the
    "dot3Stats" table from RFC 1284 can rely on an SNMP subagent
    associated with the Ethernet adapter.

    Interestingly enough, most of the counters are kept by the little
    black box on the floor of my office which enables me to bring you this
    information!

    Chris Mason

    Chris Mason, Oct 3, 2007