    Not really sure how this would work as my broadband is on DHCP - so
    how would I know what IP to dial into?

    Help!?

    nmorson, Dec 16, 2007

  2. nmorson

    nmorson Guest

    Obviously not a very popular external NAS device then judging by the
    lack of interest!

    nmorson, Dec 17, 2007

  3. nmorson

    Jon Guest

    I use buffalo linkstation and 2 of their media players. Just bought a
    750Gb maxtor monster to compliment it up to 1Tb. Works fine.

    As for your "broadband being on dhcp", if you mean you have dynamic IP
    instead of static, then DynamicDNS is your solution (get a router that
    supports it).

    Jon, Dec 29, 2007