    Is there anything I can configure on the laptop in order to return the the
    NAT status of open. I tried disabling the laptops firewall but that didn't
    help. Why is the NAT now strict when going thru the bridge?

    Nick Le Lievre, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Nick Le Lievre

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    That's because now you are travelling through two separate NATs, not
    just one. When you use the laptop's Internet Connection Sharing to
    connect the Xbox, you are sending the Xbox through a NAT connection in
    the laptop. Then the laptop itself is using a NAT connection from the
    router. So you have a double NAT. It's not impossible to get port
    forwarding going on a double NAT, but it's a bitch and a half. You're
    better off leaving the Xbox directly connected to the router, even if
    it's not convenient.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Nov 19, 2007

  3. Nick Le Lievre

    Kujoro Guest

    So how would one connect a Xbox 360 through a laptop like that...? When I
    bridged my connection, it kept acting like the Xbox 360 was just a direct
    connection to the modem... The laptop kept saying that it has limited access
    to the LAN(Which I think might be what it's recognizing the Xbox 360's
    connection to it as) and meanwhile, the Xbox 360's tests keep saying it can't
    get an IP adress set up, and I couldn't acess the internet on my laptop at
    all...

    So, what is it I'm doing wrong....?

    Kujoro, Jan 23, 2008