xbox 360 advert (video)

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Shore, Dec 1, 2005.

  1. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    Craig Shore, Dec 1, 2005

  2. The coolest one out of the 3 I've seen. Apparently this one isn't being
    shown on TV, dunno why

    Nathan Mercer, Dec 1, 2005

  3. Craig Shore

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ummm, maybe because it shows psuedo-real-life violence? With several court
    cases citing video games as an infuence in murder cases I'm surprised they
    even made that advert.

    ~misfit~, Dec 2, 2005
  4. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    Oh come on, they're copying a scene that's been done in like a million action
    movies but using their fingers instead of a guns. I thought it was funny, and
    i'm guessing they intended it that way considering when he tries to shoot the
    taxi driver.

    Craig Shore, Dec 2, 2005
  5. Craig Shore

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Oh come on...?

    I didn't say that was my view of it, I was answering Nathan's "dunno why".

    It's not me you need to convice, it's the American (and other) judges.
    Several successful defence cases have been upheld on the strength of
    (usually) adolescents having difficulty telling the difference between video
    games and real life.

    Seen in that light, it's virtually thumbing it's nose at the judicial
    system.

    ~misfit~, Dec 2, 2005