    just create additional and unnecessary workload.

    The HP Technology Advancement Program can be found at
    https://hp.productorder.com/clientx64/default.aspx

    Guest, May 10, 2005

  2. It's too bad they don't support Pavilion (or ANY consumer products for
    that matter) computers that have x64 processors! I bought an HP
    Pavilion zv5410us with the intentions of running XP x64....only to find
    out HP will NOT support this!

    Nicholas D. Ford, May 10, 2005

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Nicholas,

    If you decide to take the risk and upgrade yourself (understanding you will
    void your support/warranty contract), please know the community is behind you
    all the way!

    Guest, May 10, 2005
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have a Compaq Presario R3000Z with a AMD 64 bit CPU and I was told by a HP
    Chat suooprt person who told me that this notebook will run on XP Pro 64 bit
    Edition and he sent me links where I can get the 64 bit drivers for the video
    card,modem, and audio driver. If anyone like the links please let me know and
    I will send the links to you. I also wrote serveral letters to HP complaining
    that I can not find anyone who can give me a answer if HP is going to support
    the 64 bit OS for this notebook and I was told by a HP saleperson (before I
    brought this notebook) that HP would support the 64 bit OS.

    Guest, May 19, 2005
  5. Guest

    M. Murcek Guest

    Are they HP/Compaq drivers? I have XP x64 OEM running on a zv5000z, but I
    had to round up the drivers from nVidia's site and laptopvideo2go.com.
    Everything works, but it would be interesting to see what HP/Compaq is
    telling people to download.

    "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]"

    M. Murcek, May 20, 2005
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    No they are not HP drivers. He got them for me from the manufacture web sites.

    Guest, May 20, 2005
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Here is an email from HP about my AMD 64 bit Cpmpaq R3000Z notebook.

    Dear Allen,

    Currently the Technology Advancement Software program is only available to
    customers who own one or more of the qualifying HP Workstations: xw4200
    (with an optional EM64T processor), xw6200, xw8200 and/or xw9300. In
    addition, these systems must have a previously licensed 32-bit version of
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional installed on them.

    Our Team is currently reviewing the option of adding some of our Notebooks
    to the Technology Advancement Software program. With a decision expected to
    be made within the next 2 weeks.

    After the decision has been made, we will send you an email to advise if
    your Notebook is eligible for the software through this program.

    Kindest Regards,
    HP x64 Team

    Guest, May 28, 2005
  8. Guest

    kevin Guest

    Allen:

    Please post, if you would, the decision at which HP/Compaq arrives. I've
    tried, to no avail, to convince the good folks at HP/Compaq to throw a bone
    to those of us who within the recent past have purchased machines from the
    R3000 series (I'm running an R3240US) and its correspondent AMD 64-bit
    processor. So far, all I've gotten was promises to be notified of
    discussions -- far short of notifying me of any decision. And they've failed
    to keep even that shallow promise.

    Thanks,
    Kevin O'Horan

    kevin, May 28, 2005