    printer drivers. Is there anyway I can attach the proper signed (or unsigned)
    x86 drivers to this for deployment. When I try it tells me the printer isn't
    compatible.

    Guest, Mar 13, 2006

  2. Search my blog for details of how to do cross-platform printer deployment.
    (http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/search.aspx?q=printers+&p=1) What you can
    do is create compatible x64 printers, and then add the equivalent 32-bit
    drivers to the shared printer. It's kind of backwards from the way I
    described it in the blog post but the process is the same.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 13, 2006

  3. To add to Charlie's advice: "Network Printing" in Windows is very dependant
    on the actual Driver Name.

    This may be what you are running into. If, for example, you have a printer
    of model xy50 and you install the 64 bit driver on your printer server for
    the xy00 model, you will probably find that you have also install the 32 bit
    version of the xy00 driver, not the xy50 driver, as an "Additional Driver".

    See also http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/AddDrivertoOldOS.htm and
    http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/NetPrinterNoPP.htm.

    If you're still stuck, try posting in the microsoft.public.win2000.printing
    or microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax newsgroups.

    Bruce Sanderson, Mar 19, 2006