X64 on Acer 5002 aspire laptop

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Monster, Jun 28, 2005.

  1. Monster

    Monster Guest

    I just got this laptop today (really cheap too)
    http://global.acer.com/products/notebook/as5000.htm it has an AMD 64 ML-30
    turion processor at 1.6ghz but it comes with windows xp home. I was a bit
    skeptical when I bought it because nobody seemed to be using xp64 on it. The
    80gb hd comes in two fat 32 partitions, I installed xp64 on the second one
    (converted to ntfs). Installation was smooth and uneventful.

    The hardware on laptop was

    broadcom 802.11g network adapter -> still searching for drivers
    Realtek AC`97 audio -> I found and installed the 64bit drivers
    Texas Instruoments PCI-1410 cardbus -> drivers installed by xp64
    Sis 900 based pci-fast ethernet -> drivers installed by xp64
    Slimtype DVDRW SOSW-833S -> drivers installed by xp64
    SIS M760GX (graphics) -> to my surprise sis had a 64bit driver for it! yay
    :) http://www.sis.com/download and follow the step by step.
    Agere Systems AC`97 modem -> don't use it, so don't care.

    So the Acer Aspire 5002WLMI can run xp64 if anyone wanted to know. I heard
    the 5020 was a better laptop tho, I think it uses an x700 graphics card

    Monster, Jun 28, 2005

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005

  3. Monster

    Borgeaud.com Guest

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] a utilisé son clavier pour écrire :
    A 64 bits Tablet ????

    Borgeaud.com, Jun 29, 2005
  4. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 29, 2005
  5. Monster

    jurassic Guest

    Hi
    I have a Acer Aspire 5002WLMI too, have you found yet the broadcom 6
    bit drivers?
    thank

    jurassic, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Ken Tucker [MVP], Aug 29, 2005
  7. Monster

    jurassic Guest

    Hi
    Thanks for your answer, but the site ask for username and password
    could you post the rar file somewhere else please.
    Thanks

    jurassic, Jan 16, 2006
  8. Monster

    jurassic Guest

    Never mind, I found them on Acer 5020 site, thanks anywa

    jurassic, Jan 16, 2006