    ATA with Asterisk or Asterisk PCI card; and I never try
    Digium Card. Could some give ideas on how to select from these two?
    Thanks.

    yolandaJoe, Aug 28, 2007

  2. yolandaJoe

    Jono Guest

    presented the following explanation :
    The SPA3102 is just as good as the X100P at interfacing Asterisk with
    the PSTN, if not better.

    The SPA has advantages over the X100P -

    it provides you with a SIP extension whilst independantly providing
    other extensions/Astersik with a connection to the PSTN.

    SIP Trunks seem much easier to get up & running than ZAP trunks.

    The SPA can be configured to allow you to dial in remotely & give you
    PSTN or VOIP dial tone. (I know Asterisk can too)

    Jono, Aug 28, 2007

  3. yolandaJoe

    yolandaJoe Guest

    Thank you so much Jono. I've got many ideas from you,
    but i do think Asterisk is poweful ,
    and its founctions may be more?

    yolandaJoe, Aug 28, 2007
  4. yolandaJoe

    Paul Hayes Guest

    If you are just playing around at home and learning Asterisk then X100P
    clone card should be fine and they are very cheap ebay.

    But if you intend on building a PBX that will be used in production then
    either an SPA3102 or proper Digium TDM card is a must. The audio
    quality and reliability of the x100p card is no good for an in-use
    system and your customers wont like you!

    cheers,
    Paul.

    Paul Hayes, Aug 28, 2007
  5. yolandaJoe

    Jono Guest

    Paul Hayes expressed precisely :
    I've just discovered an X100P clone in a PC in a cupboard. Have now
    connected my door phone to it & am pleasantly surprised at how good the
    quality is. I've even got a DDI for my door now! And, my mobile also
    rings when someone presses my doorbell :)

    All I need to work out now, is how to make asterisk send a flash hook
    to my door phone, so that I can unlock the door.

    Jono, Aug 28, 2007
  6. yolandaJoe

    yaoren51 Guest

    Digium card can surely support all the Asreisk related service,
    whereas an ATA is not as so.

    yaoren51, Aug 29, 2007
  7. yolandaJoe

    alexd Guest

    Whether or not the X100P is supported by Asterisk is not in question. The
    problem is, getting the X100P to work with UK CallerID and line impedances.
    Given the horror stories I've heard, I'd be more likely to spend the extra
    money on a SIP-PSTN gateway.

    alexd, Aug 29, 2007
  8. yolandaJoe

    mypost001 Guest

    However in fact, ATA can support approximately 98% Asterisk features,
    can enumerate a few exceptional features?

    Also, an ATA is independent of computer,we can just simply link it to
    Internet,that's enough!

    mypost001, Sep 3, 2007
  9. yolandaJoe

    alexd Guest

    I think the OP already has Asterisk, although to be honest it's hard to
    tell.

    alexd, Sep 3, 2007
  10. yolandaJoe

    aem Guest

    Don't get an X100P... If you want a PCI card, go with the Digium TDM01B.

    alex

    aem, Sep 4, 2007
  11. yolandaJoe

    Q Guest

    I have what I think is a working doc for UK CLI setup on those cards, I'm
    awaiting a report back from someone who is going to verify the setup.

    It can be a bit annoying, and it might mean playing with kernel modules, but
    it will work.

    As others have said, an X100P is fine for home, and testing stuff, but if
    its a 'live' commercial install then get proper hardware.

    Q, Sep 7, 2007